7 Benefits of River Cruising
River cruising has become increasingly popular over the years as a unique and relaxing way to see the world. What started as a European phenomena has expanded to African river safaris and floating down the Nile to see the archeological sites! Vietnam and Cambodia riverside villages are rich in culture as is the first ever river cruise in Columbia, SA. For those who prefer to stay closer to home, North America has seen a surge in river cruising including the Mississippi and St. Lawrence rivers.
Here are the top 7 reasons my clients say they love river cruising:
- Scenic routes: River cruises often take travelers through some of the world’s most scenic regions, providing breathtaking views of the landscape and unique perspectives on famous landmarks.
- Smaller ships: River cruise ships tend to be much smaller than ocean-going vessels, which means travelers enjoy a more intimate and personalized experience. This also allows for access to smaller ports and waterways that larger ships cannot reach.
- Cultural immersion: River cruising is an excellent way to immerse oneself in local culture. Ports of call often offer opportunities to visit small towns, attend a music recital, explore historic sites, and sample local cuisine.
- Easy travel: River cruises allow travelers to unpack once and avoid the hassle of packing and unpacking at multiple destinations. They can also enjoy the convenience of on-board amenities, such has restaurants, lounges & bars, fitness centres and spas.
- Smooth sailing: River cruises tend to have calm waters, which makes for a smoother sailing experience compared to ocean cruises. This can be particularly appealing to travelers who are prone to seasickness.
- Variety of itineraries: River cruises offer a wide variety of itineraries that cater to different interests, including historic and cultural tours, themed tours, and outdoor adventures.
- All-inclusive options: Many river cruises offer all-inclusive packages that cover everything from meals and drinks to shore excursions and entertainment. This can make for a stress-free and hassle-free vacation experience.
Not all river cruises are created equal, which is why clients seek my professional travel services. I have experience river cruising and am able to curate exciting itineraries to match your interests. Reach out and let’s start the conversation.